Are you in a service industry?
Then you need to ensure that you provide a great customer service experience to stay competitive. The question is: can you improve?
We all know the saying – “it is easier to keep existing customers than it is to find and gain new ones“. It also costs a lot of time, effort and money to gain new ones. Customer retention and referrals are extremely important to any business!
Are you providing services such as:
- Fire or Elevator Services
- Handyman, or other trade services?
The customer experience will ultimately impact on future work for the client/customer and whether they will refer you to others – or not if they had a bad experience!
Make no mistake, they will always tell others to not use you if they did have a bad experience!
There is one easy way to ensure good customer service that can help manage the customer experience – and it’s an important one!
Below is a simple but very common scenario for all service businesses. How do you manage this?
A customer has arranged with you to have one of your techs or field persons to be on site at 2pm.
The Client calls you at 2:30pm (your tech is late)
“Hi, your guy was due 30mins ago – is he on his way? When can I expect him to be here? I cannot wait all day!”
How do you manage this situation? For too many, this is how it normally works!
“I am sorry I cannot understand why he is late. Let me call him to find out where he is and I will call you back as soon as I know. Again I apologise for the inconvenience.”
Is this really the best way to manage the client? Is this going to satisfy them? Don’t they deserve a more informed response, that’s why they called?
- You then try to reach your field tech and “hope” he answers his mobile.
- Will he answer?
- Is he driving and should he pick up his mobile while driving – safety & fines?
- If he answers does he tell you where he really is? (Come on we all know this one!)
- Your field service guy tells you he will be there in 10 minutes. (In fact he is really still 30 minutes away!)
You call your customer back and advise them he will be there in 10 minutes, only for them to call you again 20 minutes later and ask where is he – by now they are angry and not having a good experience!
Would it be nice if you could address this instantly, easily and provide a very good customer service, leaving them feeling that they have chosen the right company for the job!
You can – easily and cost effectively!
Here are 3 ways you can address the same scenario by using a Fleet Pursuit GPS solution for your vehicles:
1. When a customer calls – simply look at your computer monitor and see exactly where your service guy is now and advise them instantly. “Reactive” but still good service by providing instant advice to them.
2. By monitoring their movements, you can see if they are going to be late and call the customer in advance that they may be a bit late! “Pro-Active” and provides great customer service.
3. Notify the customer – for example, 30 minutes in advance to let them know that your service tech will be there accordingly. Your staff will automatically see an onscreen pop-up and/or email notification advising them. You can even automatically send the customer a notification!! “Pro-Active” and undoubtedly very professional and exceptional service. (This is achieved through a simple GPS functionality and geofencing notifications.)
How would this help you retain and impress your existing customers, gain referrals from them and keep your competitors away?
There are many other benefits and cost savings that are also gained by using GPS technology – this is just one, but also a very important one!
It doesn’t matter how big or small your business, whether you have 3 or 30 vehicles in the field – a cost effective GPS solution will save you time, money, improve customer service and increase your bottom line!
Want to know more? Call our Fleet Pursuit Solutions Experts today and see how we can help you grow your business, improve your customer service and increase profits.
Ph: (07) 3236 6055 or simply email us.
Tailored solutions for your business no matter what size or budget. Why pay for what you don’t need or won’t use?